Monday, December 28, 2009

Rest in Peace, Father Clement Kurowski, OFM

I was saddened to hear of the loss of Father Clem on Christmas Eve. Unbeknownst to me, Father had bone cancer, to which he finally succumbed. Whether it was saintliness or a stoic nature or both, Father Clem gave no indication that I could see that he was suffering in an extraordinary way. I am reminded of what happened when a novice came to St. Therese in tears to complain about a particular burden she was silently carrying. Our Saint gently admonished her. "It is because no one knows about your pain that you feel it so acutely." I never knew Father Clem personally but had him for Mass several mornings a week, up until recently. He also heard confessions on Wednesdays until a few years ago at St. John the Evangelist in Center City. When a friend lamented his passing to me today he said "They don't make them like Clem anymore." I'd like to think that if I faced similar suffering in life, that I could make the effort Father Clem did to carry out his duties. He was a diamond in the rough and will be missed. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!