Sunday, February 7, 2010

After The Snow

It was kind of nice not to have to go anywhere yesterday, except by choice. I went to the Vigil Mass at St. Paul's last night, and I couldn't get over how the dusk sky had cast a beautiful blue hue on the snow. It's amazing how everything takes on such a purity, even in the city, beneath the thick white blanket of winter. I like to imagine that when the snow melts, it takes all the filth and pollution with it.

In the good old days before my back problems, I would head out to Kelly Drive as the snow started to sneak in a short run. Nothing is quite like the stillness of a snowfall and the stark bare tree limbs cloaked in white against the grey sky. Even in the city the beauty of God's creation is never so apparent as it during a snowfall. I hope we all take a minute or two to appreciate it before we grumble about the inconvenience it can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!