Sunday, June 1, 2014

As Eastertide Nears Its End...

I saw this on The Institute of Christ The King Sovereign Priest's Facebook page and I thought I would share it with you.  This is why we don't take The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass for granted and why we accord the Mass our utmost respect and devotion.

"Holy Mass is an event in God’s Sight, as well as for us; it is an event which directly touches His Glory. ... it is His own Son Himself, the Eternal Word, Jesus Christ, who is there offering Himself as victim, and who there prays for us to His Father." Dom Gueranger

I love the hymn 'Alleluia, Sing to Jesus" but I could not find a suitable version to post here.  So instead I will simply leave you with the final verse of this hymn, which gives me the chills every time I read or sing it.

Alleluia! King eternal,
Lord omnipotent we own;
Alleluia! born of Mary,
earth your footstool, heaven your throne.
As within the veil you entered,
robed in flesh, our great high priest;
here on earth both priest and victim
in the Eucharistic feast.




1 comment:

  1. I thought this version was nice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeZuHnKIlAw

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!