Friday, November 27, 2015

Still Here...

It really is pitiful how neglectful I've been of this blog.

In many ways, the lack of activity here mirrors what's been going on in my life outside the blogosphere.  It has been a very challenging year in so many ways, all connected to my children, and I have only survived it through the grace of God.  He carried all of us, at one time or another, on His sturdy shoulders because we would not have made it otherwise.

I've been in a bit of a spiritual rut, not totally of my own doing, and have found it difficult to carry out my usual devotions in any kind of meaningful way.   I trudge onward, hoping some of it "takes".  If nothing else, the sacrifice of giving up some meaningless pleasure to pray, even if distractedly, might be worth more than not making the attempt at all.

The other night, as I was falling asleep, I started to conjecture about something that really is none of my business.  I wanted to stop the thoughts I was having  but I didn't feel like I could until the voice said: "if you want to be worldly, fine; but if you want to win spiritually, you can only do so by filling your mind with things that are above this world. So knock it off already!"

It  was a much needed wake-up call.

Thank God the Lord doesn't give up on us.

2 comments:

  1. I can echo the exact same things! What a year it has been and all children-related- crises. You may remember last Dec 13...anyways, I will keep you in my prayers as always. From one slightly worn out child of God to another. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I pray we don't have a repeat of last Dec 13... Every day since then I have offered my Chaplet to St Michael as well as my Rosary for the spiritual and physical protection of my children and all the children of my family and friends. BTW, if you want to go to the Rorate again this year, I can drive. I managed to find Maple in the dark twice since then lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!