Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bearing Witness

It's that time of year again, when it's impossible to traverse certain streets of Philadelphia without getting accosted by the ACLU. So tonight, I'm on my way home and the oldest progeny calls and asks if I can get her some butter so she can bake some goodies to take to her friend in Massachusetts tomorrow. She miscounted the number of sticks in the fridge, as it turns out, but I digress. And as I'm walking towards the entrance to Whole Foods, my little wooden Rosary around my hand and in use, I'm approached by a young man with an ACLU t-shirt and a clipboard in his hand. "Hello ma'am, can I ask you for your help in overturning don't ask, don't tell?" And at that point, he notices the Rosary and pointing to my hand, says, "I guess not, but have a good day anyway." I went on my way. Should I have said something? Or did I make all the statement I needed to make? You decide.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the power of your presence is enough, words would just get in the way. The weapon of the Rosary can do it's work without any help from us. Thank God, too, cause I'm exhausted.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!