Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Misery of a Soul

"My daughter, write that the greater the misery of a soul, the greater its right to My mercy"-St Faustina's Diary (1577)

Yes, Christ died for the ungodly. In His words to St Faustina, He gave His assurance that He wants to save all souls.  Yours, mine, and theirs. There is no Chaplet of Fraternal Correction.  This is left to those with the faculties to dispense such correction by virtue of their ordination. The rest of us are charged to pray for ourselves and those sinners who have not learned to trust in His mercy.

One of the trials of this Lent has been a sudden preoccupation with the moment of my own death and the torment of the enemy that may accompany it.  It is like a dark curtain that separates night from day and permits no light to permeate it. This is when Christ urges us to trust His mercy most. Show Him a heart contrite and humble but also completely trusting in His promises and He will take care of everything else.

The pains of Hell are very real but should not be the impetus in winning souls. Rather, let us sinners realize that the greater our offenses, the greater His joy when we implore His mercy and pray for others to do the same.

"I cannot punish the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion but on the contrary, I justify him in My Unfathomable and inscrutable mercy.  

...he who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice."  St Faustina's Diary (1146) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!