Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Imagine

When I was a child and would lament the passing of the Christmas season, my mother would always tell me that Christmas was something you kept in your heart all year long. Her words came to me while I was leaving Mass this morning and saw the increased number of people in the pews behind me. Wouldn't it be something if all those who made an effort to get to weekday Mass during Lent would keep up the practice year-round? And wouldn't it be something if I kept up all the little things I try to do during Lent year-round? Can you imagine how holy we might finally become if we kept Lent in our hearts year-long, and how much closer to Christ we would be drawn?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!