Thursday, July 8, 2010

PreDestination

I was fortunate to have the same priest for Mass two days in a row, and he expounded a bit on his sermon yesterday concerning our judgment of others. Today, he talked about how none of us has the benefit of knowing what God knows and how it does matter what decisions we make in life. We have free will, so if we're on the wrong path and headed toward disaster, God allows us to turn around. However, He doesn't make us do anything. That's up to us.

Someday, I will know whose prayers got me to make a u-turn on the road I was headed down. Until then, I owe it to that person or persons to make the most of the opportunity I have before me. That means doing everything for the glory of God and not myself and for making every sacrifice, no matter how seemingly small, for Him and for those who have not had the kind of conversion I have had.

"God does not look so much on the greatness of our acts but on the love with which we do them" - St. Therese of the Child Jesus of the Holy Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!