Friday, May 7, 2010

The Handmaid of the Lord


Today, my daughter's school held their annual May Procession and Crowning of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Father asked the children what it was that made Mary so great, and you could tell instantly that one child made a particular impression with his answer. His response was "Mary was a servant."

The Mother of God accepted all that He willed for her without question. Can I say the same of myself? Along with praying to Mary to protect my children physically and spiritually from all harm, I also beg of her to aid me in accepting all God wills for me without question, without anger, without disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!