Saturday, May 24, 2014

Within Your Wounds, Hide Me

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O Good Jesus, hear me
With Your Wounds, hide me
Separated from You, let me never be
From the malignant enemy, defend me and at the hour of my death 
Bid me come unto Thee that 
With Your saints and angels I may be
Praising You forever and ever
Amen. 
 
Why do we want to be hidden in His wounds? Because they are the marks of the victory over sin and death and they are repugnant to the devil.  If we allow ourselves to be hidden by these wounds we can be assured we are on the path of Christian perfection and that we are protected from the vile assaults of satan. There is no other way. 

I was very much reminded of this during the past week when Pennsylvania fell and those held captive to sins of the flesh proclaimed victory and attacked the Archbishop and the Catholic Church for witnessing to Christ.  

Up is down, down is up, and abomination is the new normal in America. 

They know not what they do. Worse still, they don't care. 


1 comment:

  1. I love that prayer. Hiding inside His wounds seems like the most comfortable, safest place imaginable. Yes, I agree. America has become an abomination. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!