Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Divine Love Prayer

I do not know the author or origin of this prayer but after I heard it, I had to learn it because I wanted to say it all the time. It was taught to me by the very holy Father Jim Galligan, OSA, before he retired from active ministry. Father Jim would recite the first part of the prayer at Benediction and those of us in the congregation would say the response. I later found out that the prayer can also be recited on ordinary Rosary beads by saying each part of the nine-part prayer 10 times, followed by a Glory Be. Or, it can simply be recited upon reception of Holy Communion.

THE DIVINE LOVE PRAYER

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

I adore You and I praise You in union with the nine choirs of angels

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

Burning with love for me, inflame my heart with love for You

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

Thy Kingdom come

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

Make us one in mind, heart and will with You, the Father and the Holy Spirit

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

Gentle and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

Through the infinite value of each Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, offered now and until the end of time, have mercy on us and on the whole world

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus

Thank you for the personal love You have for me in the Blessed Sacrament

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

With all my heart, I love You

Eucharistic Heart of Jesus:

I put all my trust in You

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!