Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Waiting With Mary: Purity

Here's what's been on my mind the last few days.

As I have alluded to on this little blog a few times in the past week or so, I've been struggling with some issues in the workplace. I came to the resolution that I need to stop reacting and allow myself to carry out Christ's will by no longer imposing my own. Refusing to act in haste is somewhat easier than thinking about what I'd like to do.

There is no greater model of human purity of body, mind and soul than Mary, the Mother of God. When we refuse to respond to our detractors, we emulate her. When we refuse to dress provocatively, we emulate her. When we treat our bodies as temples of the Lord, we emulate her. When we read, view or say nothing that would stain our modesty and chastity, we emulate her. When we do nothing to lead another into sin, we emulate her. And when we put her Divine Son above all else in our lives, we emulate her.

Consider how many times a day Our Mother in Heaven is approached by creatures less than she is. She does not look upon us and see how inferior we are. She looks upon us with mercy and love and sees children in need of her help. So when the instigator at work tries to provoke me, rather than see someone I can look down on, I must now see a brother or sister in need of my help and lift them in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!