Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Passion of the Catholic Church


A few weeks ago my pastor recommended that I check out some videos posted on YouTube called "The Passion of the Catholic Church". With the help of the youngest progeny, I will eventually be able to post them here, but if you want to check them out before hell freezes over, copy and paste this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZsOnkTk1RI

At first, I thought Father recommended the series as a primer on the Traditional Latin Mass, but I was wrong. This is a series of deeply disturbing snapshots of "the Deformation of the Catholic Church." I got the same kind of shiver down my spine watching these what I did when I was in 7th grade and got a first-hand look at desecration of a sacred object. It was Monday morning and I accompanied my friend Violet to the ladies room so she could check out her hair. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and had to do a double-take. Someone had taken the crucifix down from one of the classrooms and shoved it, upside-down, into the Kotex dispenser. I didn't look around to see what else they had done - I ran straight back to my classroom to alert my teacher. There was no sign of a break-in. It was an inside job by someone with a serious problem. It disturbs me that we never found the depraved soul who did that.

The abuses that have taken place in the Sacred Liturgy are also inside jobs, but there is hope, which the creator of the series, bless his soul, clearly recognizes. Take a look and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!