Saturday, May 4, 2013

Are There REALLY Still Catholics Who DON'T Pray the Rosary Every Day?

Father Z has a poll going and I have to say I find the comments surprising.  Why wouldn't we do something that Our Lady has requested of us, particularly knowing the graces she has promised to those who faithfully recite her Rosary?  St. Padre Pio called his Rosary his weapon.  Do we still think we're too busy to pray the Rosary?

If we have time to read blogs, we have more than enough time to pray the Rosary every day.

If we have time to leave comments at blogs, we have more than enough time to pray the Rosary every day.

Do we watch television?  Text?  Chat on the phone?  Read the newspaper? Commute back and forth to work?   We have time to pray the Rosary every day.

If praying poorly was an excuse not to pray the Rosary, I would have given up long ago.  It's not always easy to pray it devoutly as Our Lady asks of us, but it should help to know that even saints like Therese struggled.  We will never know the value of a single Rosary offered even when we just weren't feeling up to it, thought we were too busy, etc. until the Virgin Mary is pleased to tell us face to face.

The Evil One told the chief Vatican exorcist that every Hail Mary "is like a hammer blow" to his head.

The kind people at the Mary Foundation sent me a free CD of the Rosary along with other daily prayers.  Here is a YouTube video which provides the same background that is given on the CD.  Ignore the music - the message is worth having to listen to it for a few minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful video. I never noticed that in Genesis 3:15. I've actually been praying the rosary this weekend. I have to say it is hard for me to do alone. It's much easier in a group prayer. The reason I'm doing it this weekend is because an organization is trying to get one million to pray the rosary this weekend for the unborn. I have it up on my faith filled friday blog if you want to check it out and join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manny, I did leave you a comment. The Rosary is not easy for everyone but if you consider the urgency of affairs in this country and throughout the world, I think it helps to make it easier. Keep trying.

      Delete
  2. Joyce, I don't always say the rosary as fervently and meditatively as I'd like for the Blessed Mother, but I say it anyway. As you mentioned, if I waited for perfect, I'd never get any prayer done.
    Lately, I've found how much time I actually do devote to other things and that may be one of the reasons I don't apply myself as well; the Lord is working with me on that.
    There's just too much going on in the world not make time to "pick up the weapon" as Padre Pio said. And Lord knows, I need all the graces available.

    Love and Blessings +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, the Lord is working on all of us. I'm just amazed at the excuses people make not to even try, such as the Rosary is a private revelation and as such, it's not required for us to pray it to be faithful Catholics. However, these revelations are still approved by the Church and if one person can point out the downside of praying the Rosary, I will not say another word. Time is running out.
      love and prayers
      Joyce

      Delete
  3. Joyce, within 15 minutes of reading your post yesterday, I scurried upstairs to pray my rosary. I also found some helpful suggestions over at the comments on Father Z's blog..so thank you for mentioning that. Our Lady has been after me to be more faithful to her Rosary, and your post really spoke to my heart. Thank you for all you've been sharing lately. Beautiful, and so much needed. God bless you! Love and prayers...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia I'm glad you found the post helpful but after I write such things I always worry that someone will think I'm being "holier than thou" - I'm really not. I am just committed to the Rosary and to spreading its devotion in whatever way I can. The log in my own eye is how poorly I often pray it but like you, I found many of the comments on Father Z's blog helpful. I always find it is easier for me to focus while in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament but that's not always possible. I also have a wonderful booklet I picked up at the Carmelite Monastery, written by a local priest, that uses the words of St. Therese to provide beautiful reflections. Perhaps someday I will share excerpts here.
      Love and hugs!
      Joyce

      Delete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!