Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Trials, No Answers

This has been another difficult week. I am waiting for an answer on a matter which admittedly is not one of life or death but is very important to me. It's by no means a trivial matter. I feel like a blind person groping their way in the dark because answers are not forthcoming, there is no end in sight to this trial, and there has been no consolation in prayer for months. I don't know what God expects of me in a particular situation, nor do I understand why I can't just get an answer. Even if it's not the answer I want, at least I'll know how to proceed. I'm well aware of all my blessings in this life, and the few bright spots have been some of the truly miraculous answers to prayers for others. But honestly, I have never known such numbness and uncertainty and don't really know what to do about it. One of the best ways for us to take our mind off of our own problems is to pray for someone else who truly needs it. I would be happy to pray for any special intentions you may have.
God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. Another Formerly Lapsed CatholicApril 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM

    I just discovered your blog and I like it very much. Please keep up the good work. I too am trying to influence other lapsed members of my family to return...your blog is very inspiring to me and I will visit often. Thank you and may God continue to bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm never sure how many people actuallyl see this blog, so it's nice to know I have an occasional visitor! May God bless you as well and visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!