Saturday, December 4, 2010

Meditation for First Saturday, Through the Eyes of St. Joseph


I confess that sometimes, it is a challenge for me to meditate on the mysteries of the Holy Rosary as I should. Fortunately, there are many more inspired people than I who have put the "the thoughts of their hearts by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit" to paper. For a long time, I have been meaning to spend more time in devotion to St. Joseph, who was the patron of every foundation started by St. Teresa of Jesus in Avila. I picked up a little booklet today written by Brother Daniel Korn of the Redemptorist Fathers that offered, among other things to contemplate, the Joyful Mysteries through the eyes of the foster father of Jesus. Here is a little excerpt from his book, "Prayers and Devotions to St. Joseph", from Liguori Press.

THE SORROW OF LOSING THE CHILD JESUS AND THE JOY OF FINDING HIM IN THE TEMPLE

St. Joseph, what sorrow and anxiety filled your soul when you realized the child Jesus was not among your relatives and friends. Many were the discouraging thoughts that filled your mind and heart as you spent three days searching for him. Great was your joy when you found him in the temple among the teachers and doctors of the law. Pray for me, St. Joseph, and obtain for me the desire to know more about my faith. Lead me to seek the presence of Jesus in the many people and events of each day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!