Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday in the Octave of Christmas

I was hoping to have some photos to share with you of the TLM at St. Paul's this past Christmas Day, but the kind gentleman who allows Rebecca to use his camera has not yet had a chance to send them to her.  I am also hoping to get some photos at work tomorrow of the Nativity in the chapel.  It is quite possibly the most beautiful and captivating version of the Holy Family I've ever seen.  I look forward to being able to share it.

I've been trying to set aside time at the end of each day to pray the Rosary in the chapel before leaving for home.  Since I was all alone yesterday,  I sat directly in front of the creche as I meditated on the Joyful Mysteries.  I became conscious of someone sitting behind me, even though I never heard the chapel door open.  I quickly surmised the person was trying to get a photo of the Nativity, so when I finished praying, I quietly asked him if he'd like to have my seat.  I was surprised to see that it was an elderly gentleman who strongly resembled a recently departed friend.  He thanked me but said he was leaving.  He told me it was his birthday, and he just wanted to come into the chapel to say a prayer for his mother.  Judging from the looks of him, I surmised his mother was long gone and I thought it was so touching that on his birthday, he wanted to say a prayer for her in front of the Blessed Sacrament.

Rebecca and I are still considering spending New Year's Eve at the Carmelite Monastery.  Adoration begins at 10pm followed by the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass at Midnight.  A friend of mine who has gone a few times told me that it's a sparsely attended, dark, very quiet evening, which sounds exactly like the way I'd want to begin the New Year.

Maybe you'll be there too?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!