Monday, September 28, 2009

St. Therese on the 5th Joyful Mystery

A little too worn-out to offer much this evening, so I'll let St. Therese do the talking.

The following is an excerpt taken from the poem, "Why I Love You, Oh Mary" written by St. Therese.

"The Gospel tells me that growing in wisdom,
Jesus remains subject to Joseph and Mary,
And my heart reveals to me with what tenderness
He always obeys His dear parents.
Now I understand the mystery of (the finding of the Child Jesus in) the temple
The hidden words of my lovable king,
Mother, your sweet Child wants you to the be the example
Of the soul searching for Him in the night of faith."

Upon reading this in "Praying the Rosary with St. Therese" I felt as if I discovered a treasure that was in my line of vision but overlooked for a lifetime I hope it does the same for you and gives you something to ponder as you pray the Rosary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!