Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Let All The Earth Keep Silence Before Him

Many thanks to Maria for sending me this link.  Read it, you'll be nodding in agreement.

I managed to sneak out of the house tonight for  30 minutes of prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.  I thought of St. Therese and her trials.  There was a man there with me, one I'm pretty sure spends his entire day going from church to church.  Clearly a man who loves the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.  But for the love of Pete, please, stop clacking your Rosary beads and saying your prayers audibly, especially for the sake of those of us who don't have all day to go from church to church.

BTW, I know a lot of people are shaken by the news about the man formerly known as Father Corapi.  I'm not. I don't want to see a soul so imperiled, particularly one belonging to a priest, but he has no bearing on my faith now or in the future.  My focus is and will remain on the Eucharist.   It's my lifeline. I only wish It had been his, too.

1 comment:

  1. So to those who still think that cacophony equals community, I say one thing. For the love of God, shut up.

    Don't you love it, Joyce. Really, I am about to lose my mind over the the unholy noise!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!