Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Mews

I really couldn't care less about the nuptials at Westminster today, though I wish the newlyweds well.  What interests me are the Cleveland Bays and Windsor Greys - the equines that make up the Queen's Royal Mews.  A long time ago, I rode at a barn that was home to F Troop. No, not the hapless regiment that was the stuff of a hilarious comedy in the 60's.  F Troop actually stood for First City Troop and contained a hodge-podge of horses, most of them rejects, used by the City of Philadelphia for parades and other special occasions.  It was a miracle none of the riders were ever maimed or killed because the beasts that comprised this entourage were nothing like the well-trained, well-bred and perfectly-behaved steeds that live in service of Her Royal Majesty.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't care about the wedding until I watched a bit of it this morning. I found it very moving.

    Those horses look gorgeous, I don't know the first thing about horses though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!