Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'll Wait

When I was in high school, I had an English teacher who never raised her voice or got angry.  Sometimes, the class would get a little noisy and when she wanted silence, she would simply say "I'll wait".  It was all it took to gain control over the class.

Yesterday, when I got to Mass, I had my usual hundred things on my mind.  Someone asked if they could speak to me after Mass, someone else was struggling to get a kneeler down and needed help and when I finally settled into my pew, it took me a minute to fully realize I was in the Presence of the Lord.

Patiently,  Jesus waits until we collect ourselves and attend to Him as we should.  And I wonder why He continues to send me distractions during Mass and Adoration and I have the nerve to complain about it?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe He's using you. Maybe the other people are having a hard time and then you walk in. Then He says, "Oh, here is my faithful servant, she'll help those people." See,it's a good thing. You're strong and He knows you'll do fine, even with a few distractions.

    I asked my priest today if I could take a 2011 Missal since he's changing them tomorrow. Of course, he said. Ours has the music in it too and I wanted to make sure I had a copy- it's part of my preparedness bag as strange as that may seem. I wanted to make sure I had the music.

    That's our last missal before the changes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I think of distractions I think of that great TS Eliot quote: "Distracted from distraction by distraction." By that he meant that God was supposed to be the full focus of our lives and that everything is a distraction away from it.

    Well, next Sunday is the new mass translation. It's finally here! I expect to get a review from you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!