Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vangelis - Jerusalem (Chariots of Fire)

I had a rough day and felt like I need some inspirational music to help lift my spirits.  It started with an employee from my previous job having the audacity to call me at my present job and tell me how I ruined her life. I called someone this evening to see if perhaps she'd gotten fired or something, but she didn't.  Who knows what brought this outburst on. I really wish St. Therese would manage her namesakes a little better than this ( just kidding Saint Therese!)

My favorite version of this Blake poem set to music by Parry.  Not sure how my Catholic Brit friends feel about this "hymn" but I can't but love it.  This is the most rousing version with which I'm familiar and thus my favorite.  One time, our former organist at the TLM had the schola sing "O Salutaris" to this melody.  I thought I'd died and gone to Heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!