Saturday, September 24, 2011

Novena to St. Therese Day Three


Novena to
St Therese
of the Child Jesus

 
O St. Therese of the Child Jesus, 
who during your short life on earth 
became a mirror of angelic purity, 
of love strong as death, 
and of wholehearted abandonment to God, 
now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues, 
cast a glance of pity on me 
as I leave all things in your hands. 
Make my troubles your own, 
speak a word for me to Our Lady Immaculate, 
whose flower of special love you were
to that Queen of Heaven 
"who smiled on you at the dawn of life."
Beg her powerful intercession 
the grace I yearn for so ardently at this moment...
 
(State your intention here....)
 
and that she join with it a blessing 
that may strengthen me during life, 
defend me at the hour of death, 
and lead me straight on to a happy eternity. 
 
Amen.
 
O God, who did inflame with the Spirit of Love, 
the soul of your servant Therese of the Child Jesus, 
grant that we also may love you 
and make you much loved. 
 
Amen.

 


DAY THREE

 
 
O Therese of the Child Jesus, 
lily of purity, 
ornament and glory of Carmel, 
I greet you, great saint, 
seraph of divine love. 
I rejoice in the favors 
our Lord so liberally bestowed on you. 
In humility and confidence 
I ask you to help me, 
for I know God has given you love 
and pity as well as power. 
Tell Him, now, I beseech you, 
of the favor I seek in this novena... 
 
(State your intention here....)
 
Your request will crown my petition 
with success and bring joy to my heart. 
Remember your promise to do good here on earth. 
"I shall spend my heaven doing good on the Earth.
After death I shall let fall a shower of roses."
 
St. Therese of the Child Jesus, 
pray for us.
 


1 comment:

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!