Monday, January 23, 2012

The Holy Family Captured in Art



As I have written often, I love the Mancini painting of the Holy Family at rest on the flight to Egypt.  While doing an internet search for more information on this masterpiece, I came across this website that I wanted to share with you.  It is a potpourri of beautiful art work depicting the Holy Family in various stages of their life together.  While the Mancini painting remains my favorite, particularly for its unique portrayal of St. Joseph, there are some other works I hadn't seen before that were worthy of further consideration. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!