Friday, January 20, 2012

Why Do You Send Me Lord?

Lord, why do I keep running in to the same situations, with the same kind of people who are unkind, calculating, spiteful and sometimes downright mean?  Why do I keep encountering the same personalities over and over?  Why do You never send me, as fragile as I am, among lambs?

Well, Lord, I know I have some nerve to complain.  A mission is a mission.  True, the people You sent me among do not look different from me or speak a foreign language.  Yet, they need You as much as the heathens and savages among whom You sent the greatest martyrs.  They do not torture with me with flogs or fire.  Instead, they use their words and unkind acts to inflict their barbs.

The mission You have given me is not as great, because I'm not as great, yet I know You want this work done.  I should be pleased that You want me to have a microscopic share of what You suffered on this miserable earth when You were rejected, scorned and reviled.   Knowing that should give me the strength to do as You ask, but alas, I am a coward.  I want the easy way out.  I want to be surrounded by nice people.  I want my work to be easy.  I am impatient and so easily forget how brief is this trial when compared to the joy of eternity.

So when I forget, please remind me, Lord, that in Your Infinite Wisdom, you place me among those most in need of Your Merciful Love.  Help me to remember that I am never alone and that You are always with me.

Not my will, but Yours be done.

1 comment:

  1. This is very timely for me,Joyce. My experience seems to parallel your opening cry. "Lord, why do I keep running in to the same situations, with the same kind of people who are unkind, calculating, spiteful and sometimes downright mean?"

    And your conclusion is exactly what Father told me in confession. : ) But it's hard...that's just the plain truth of it.

    As you say...not my will.
    Praying for you.
    Blessings +

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!