Saturday, January 29, 2011

And Another Thing....

In almost every hospital I've worked in, it seems there is an expectation that you will not only be a good employee but a cheerleader for the organization as well. This is another struggle for me. There is only one organization in this world that I can get truly excited about and that's the Catholic church and everything that goes with it. The rest is so difficult for me. Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to, I can't be a stay-at-home mom and wife right now. So when my work day is done, I want to go home to my family. Soon, school will be starting again. I'm about as excited over getting my Masters as I am about getting a tetanus shot. This is why I look back at my life and ask how I got things so screwed up. Yes, it could be worse, I could have no job at all. I could still be leading a life of sin and spiritual neglect. But when you consider some of us spend most of our waking day at a job; for the love of God, it should be something we enjoy and feel good about.

OK, someone please tell me to stop whining and count my many blessings. This, too, shall pass.

3 comments:

  1. The disciples were all supplied to Christ by the Father for His works and will to be completed.
    One of them, Philip, all the time, just did not "get it". He is replete in the Gospels with questions to Christ that show "this is deep for me and I don't get it."

    "Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

    Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

    Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father"
    ---John 14:5-10

    ALL of us have the characteristics of the disciples (sometimes, I think that is why they were chosen....to show US in them).
    In Andrew's case, he was a "bringer", having brought his brother Simon (Peter) and later bringing the lad with loaves and fishes to be multipled.

    But Philip was the one who Christ patiently explained over and over to, for he just didn't get it.

    You are not whining, nor discounting your blessings. You simply show a bit of Philip reflected here as you "don't get it" when it comes to your future---YET! You will.
    Christ never gave up on Philip. He explained anew.
    He will do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop whining. Count your blessings...LOL.

    Perhaps you haven't worked for a place you are really proud of to be a cheerleader yet. I'm a mechanical engineer and I've been blessed to work at a place for over 25 years now, and while it has its flaws and I whine too, overall I'm proud of the work and the place. I would consider myself a qualified cheerleader. Perhaps it's because I've been there so long my identity is wrapped up with it. In a way it's a good feeling to have. It feels like my life and work have significance. I would think being a nurse you would have such a great significance in your work.

    Good luck on your masters. It's not easy working and going to school. Plus you have a family too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Keystone, for your words of wisdom.
    And thank you, Manny, for the reminder, I knew I could count on you lololol

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!