Thursday, January 13, 2011

They Say That All Good Things Must End, Somehow..

I heard that song on Sirius this morning on my way to my appointment. It holds true for my 10-day hiatus that the end is near. On Monday, I start a new job at a new hospital, one that does not perform abortions. It's been wonderful to be at home, spending time in Adoration nearly every day, cooking comfort food for the family and watching the birds. No, there won't be any appeals for donations to feed them, although I can't promise there won't be photos, especially if I can steal one of Mr and Mrs Cardinal as they are making their daily visit at dusk, when all the other birds have returned to their nests.

I would dearly love to be able to work part-time, but that's not in the cards right now. With all of the physical problems that my youngest has, I can't afford not to have an excellent insurance plan, so that reason alone will probably keep me working until she's able to obtain her own policy some day. My husband is self-employed so I carry the benefits.

Without so much time on my hands, I won't be blogging as often as I have been. This new job is going to be a bit of a spiritual challenge for me. For the past six years, I've had a job that no one else has wanted to do, so I was pretty much allowed to set my own hours. I went to Mass nearly every morning for the past three years before work, managing to pray my chaplets and my Rosary before clocking in at 7:30 am. Now I have a commute and must be in by 7am so even though I have found a church near the hospital with a 6:30am Mass, it's still going to take some time to settle in before I can get there and figure things out.

Truth be told, there are times when I thought I should have just stayed put for the sake of making my devotions, but I truly do not believe that God expected this of me. The environment I just left was toxic in so many ways that I don't know how I could have stayed or what good I could have done by remaining on there.

I am praying that I won't be compromising my faith in any way (hard to see how any situation could be worse than the one I just left but...) that I will do my job in a manner worthy of Christ's name and that I might actually enjoy my new job and draw more souls closer to Him.

3 comments:

  1. My prayers for success in your new position! May God bless you abundantly! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on your new job.

    I also work at a hospital. And I understand your wish to work less hours. But I shall be working until I am 70 years old (if they will have me) just to keep myself afloat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cathy! Prayer is what will get me through.

    Thank you Mary Christine. I have no idea how much longer I'll be working, but I don't really see an end in sight. I should be grateful to have a job at all, and I am.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!