Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ask And You Shall Receive

I had the nerve to ask the Lord if He could hurry things about a bit.  I was in the midst of yet another crisis caused by yet another piece of equipment going on the blink when the phone rang and I got the news I was not expecting to get until the end of next week, at the earliest.

God is so good to me.

I don't dare suggest that if He really wanted to be good to me, He'd do something about the archaic equipment we're dealing with at work that breaks on a weekly basis. Today's catastrophe involved a lot of water and a lot of shuttling of equipment between hospitals.  The show must go on, especially when patients have made plans to take off from work and have family members look after them or worse yet, have commenced an extensive bowel prep.  You certainly don't want to cancel someone's case once they've started that.

Perhaps next I will ask the Dear Lord to move my husband to install the air conditioner in the dining room.  Last night he went stomping up the steps barking at my son  to open a window because, and I quote: "It's cold outside."

Seventy-eight degrees with the humidity hovering in the same range does not qualify as "it's cold outside."

Pray for me because some day, I really might throw a pot at him.

3 comments:

  1. I hope he gets the a/c in before you ruin a good pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deciding that I was too long in the tooth and it was too hot to carry off my Joni Mitchell hairstyle any more, I went to the Hair Cuttery today and had them lop off five inches.
    This afternoon my UPS guy said, "Jul! Have you lost weight? No...no, you've cut your hair! Looks great!"
    The Learned Astronomer that I am married to came home a few hours ago. He hasn't said a thing.
    I have been married to him long enough to know: he truly doesn't notice anything different about me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Julie, sending a big hug your way. I've said it before and I'll say it again: sometimes our marriages are our martyrdom. My husband is so oblivious he never knows who's home and who isn't, let alone who cut their hair, etc.

    Kathy, I would never ruin a good pot. I do have some really old cast-iron pans... lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!