Monday, June 6, 2011

The Doors



I went for a walk with my daughter specifically to photograph these doors at a nearby Anglo-catholic church. If you can zoom in, you might be able to see that  it's a depiction of the Crucifixion with Mary, the Mother of Jesus and St. John the Evangelist.  Anytime I feel some longing to go inside this church, I remind myself that as beautiful as it is, it lacks the Real Presence.   No amount of ornate artwork could ever compensate for the beauty of a God that humbles Himself to sit waiting for us in the tabernacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!