Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Last of the Hollywood Icons


Elizabeth Taylor passed away this morning.  She was the last in a line of Hollywood icons and remained a star, even when she hadn't made a film in years.  I used to love to imitate her in this movie.  There was a time in my youth when I fancied a career in acting, but that was a long time ago and a not very interesting story.  Anyway, watch at your own risk.  The clip is not obscene or repulsive or even frightening.  It's just a classic example of the Fifth Commandment getting shattered by someone's  words.  As for Taylor's seven husbands and eight marriages,  I'm in no position to judge, so I won't. I could never relate to her love of diamonds and glamour and her casual regard for marriage.   With her passing, I am reminded that all glory is fleeting, except for that which belongs to God.  May she rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. She had quite a life. May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say she was really beautiful and classy. Of course I have no idea what she was really like, but I did admire her public persona. Of course having those seven husbands makes you wonder.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!