Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Maybe It's Just Me..

.. but if you're going to pray in all sincerity for women who have committed heresy by engaging in a pseudo-ordination ceremony, should you continue to refer to them as priestesses or womynpreests?  I think it's a worthy cause to spiritually adopt anyone in dire need of conversion and repentance.  However, I think it detracts from the weight of our prayers when we pray for people while continuing to mock them.  Women who believe they have been ordained priests have separated themselves from Christ and His Church. Their souls are in mortal danger, as are the souls of the men who participated in this farce.   Why not resist the urge to mock them and unite that little sacrifice to the prayers we offer on their behalf?

I know, I know,  someone will point out "Hey, we're just referring to them by the name by which they refer to themselves."

Exactly.

I hesitate ever to criticize other bloggers, really I do, but I have to agree with my friend Keystone.  Sometimes, it's really hard to find the resemblance to Christ on some blogs that call themselves Catholic.  In charity, I feel compelled to point this out, for whatever it's worth.  I am far from perfect, but that doesn't mean I will remain silent when I see something I think is wrong.

Lord Jesus, Son of God and Son of Mary, have mercy on me, a sinner.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Keystone too (alltho I didn't read their actual words, do they have a blog?). I will have to watch out for this in myself, from now on. Good solid advice, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of these ladies are sincere in their beliefs...misguided ,but sincere.They think that they have a battle to fight.You are right,the correct response is to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a newbie to this blogging community, I am sometimes shocked at the tone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apparently missed whatever the reference is...

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!