Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Chaplet to St. Therese


For those times when you have an urgent need but not the nine days or even nine hours for a Novena, there is always the Chaplet to St. Therese.  It's very easy to pray, even if you don't have a set of chaplet beads for that purpose.  Make the Sign of the Cross, and say: "St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face, Patroness of Missions, Pray for Us".  Then say the Glory Be 24 times, in thanksgiving to the Holy Trinity for each of the 24 years the little Saint spent on this earth.  

There is also a very simple, child-like prayer that we pray at our church at the Monday night Novena. Here it is:

St. Therese, please pick me a rose from the Heavenly Garden
And send it to me with a message of love
Ask God to grant the favor I implore
And tell Him I will love Him
Each day more and more.
Amen.

6 comments:

  1. I like this Chaplet, it is easy to remember. There is another one that I have seen. I wonder if there are several variations. The one I know is from the Pieta prayer book. "The Twenty-four "Glory be to the Father's" novena can be said at any time. However, the ninth to the seventeenth of the month is particularly recommended, for on those days the petitioner joins in prayer with all those making the novena. Between the Glory Be's, say "Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for us"." http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/rafaelmarie/ThePieta/zgtttherese.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean all it is after the opening address to St. Therese is 24 Glory Be's? That's so simple even I could remember it. But I'm not sure I'll keep the count correct...lol. Thank you, I'll try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manny lol THAT's why you need the chaplet beads. Leaflet Missal has them, I think the Mystic Monks also have them. Less than $10 and the return on your investment is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I'm a silly guy for sure. There are special chaplet beads for this? I just looked it up. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplet_(Prayer). I had not heard of any other type of bead chain than a rosary. Shows you how much I know about being a Catholic. I guess that does make it easier to count. But to be honest, I screw up a count on the rosary as well...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I better get some chaplet beads. There is a Catholic store near where I work, I will take a trip there this week.

    I love the new color of your blog. I was thinking of changing mine to something less dark....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something about her is really powerful,
    I never saw her face until I ran across
    your blog and now I think she is with me
    and guiding me towards deeper holiness.

    I found a version of her book, "Story
    of a Soul", on Project Gutenberg.

    P.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!