Friday, February 4, 2011

The Shirt Off His Back

Truth be told, I am a member of an endangered species. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan who lives in the heart of Philadelphia Eagles' territory. I can't wear my Romo jersey in public. I once had obscenities screamed at me while I was running on Kelly Drive wearing a Cowboys knit hat. I've not cared much for the Eagles ever since Buddy Ryan was the coach. But something happened yesterday that might have me rooting, if not for the team, at least a few of the players.

Thirteen-year-old Nadin Khoury has been the victim of bullying since September. Things came to head when his tormentors physically assaulted him and hung him by his coat on a 7' fence. A woman who was driving by heard his screams and scared his attackers away.

Take a look at what happened when Khoury appeared with his family on television to discuss the incident. You'll see why I just might replace that Romo jersey with a green #10.

(BTW, I don't watch "The View" and I don't endorse the show, nor can I be responsible for any of the filthy comments that people leave on YouTube, so watch the video if you'd like, but skip the comments)

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I sympathize with you. I'm a long time Cowsboy fan in the heart of NY Giants and jets territory. I go way back to Roger Staubach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, okay...tear jerker. :) beautiful. Was that a rosary he was wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manny, I KNEW there was a reason I like you so much! LOL

    Kelly, no, upon closer examination it's not a Rosary, it just looks like some kind of necklace. I love the look on that little boy's face when he realized who's coming out to greet him. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!