Monday, February 21, 2011

Prayer Requests


Tonight as we were praying the novenas to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal, St. Jude, St. Therese and St. Padre Pio, I could hear a woman quietly sniffing and sobbing a few rows behind me.  At the conclusion of Benediction, I turned around to see that it was the sister of the woman I accompanied a few months back to Fox Chase Cancer Center.  It would appear that the cancer has metastasized to her liver and only palliative measures can be offered.  Please keep both ladies in your prayers.  They're very close to one another and I know that the sister who is caring for the one who is sick is worried about being alone in the world.  I think of Our Lady's words to Sister Lucia: " My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge."

Would that it be for the rest of us as well.

6 comments:

  1. Offering them up in my rosary today. May I ask if you would also pray for the family of another slain officer here in Florida. the third in less than a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Caroline, absolutely. FYI, sometimes I publish comments from my Blackberry during the day but don't have time to respond til later on.

    Thanks everyone for remembering these ladies in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will include them in my rosary intentions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!