Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This Month's Novena to St. Therese


It seems I never run out of intentions to pray for.  I just got another shipment of  Joy in Suffering, a wonderful novena booklet to St. Therese published by Tan Books.  Compiled by Bishop Noser, this little jewel includes 3 mini-sermons each for 9 consecutive days.  It takes about 15 minutes a day to pray.  I leave these in strategic places for other people to find.  When someone asks me to pray for a particular intention, I say this novena for them and then I give them their own copy and urge them to do the same for someone else.

Among this month's intentions are a cousin who is only 51 and may have prostate cancer, another cousin in her early 20's with symptoms of MS, a young girl having seizures,  and a new intention that I'm going to offer every time I pray this novena - the conversion of someone not necessarily close to me but who I am aware is living in mortal sin.

Of prayer, St. Therese herself said it best:

"How wonderful is the power of prayer!  It is like unto a queen, who, having free access to the king,obtains all that she asks for."


How right she is.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you have ever read any of the Marc Foley O.C.D. books on Theresian spirituality?
    They are wonderful! I usually reconcile my book-buying habit by making myself donate them to the church library after I've read them, but the Marc Foley books I tend to cling to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Julie, I have not, but when I go to the Carmelite bookstore in March I will definitely take a look. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!