Thursday, February 10, 2011

Keeping it Low Key

For those women who would like to try covering their head at Mass but feel self-conscious about wearing a mantilla, especially to the Novus Ordo, take a look at this website.  Although the women who make and sell the veils are Jewish, their head coverings are very appropriate for Mass.  I tried to get Rebecca to model a few, but she wasn't a very willing subject.  I wear my mother's brown mantilla to the TLM and Rebecca often wears a white veil my mother made her from a remnant I found at a sidewalk sale.  There's a not-so-hot photo of it below.

Will the world come to an end if a woman chooses not to wear a head covering?  Like I said, I'd settle for fewer chapel veils and more modesty, speaking from a personal standpoint.  But the Lord is so disrespected, I think it's a good thing to do something a little extra for him.  And there are other ways to show Him aside from wearing a veil, so don't fret yourself about this.  That's not the point of this thread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!