Sunday, February 6, 2011

Your Attention, Please


If I hear "On Eagles Wings" one more time, I'll throw a nutty!


Occasionally, I visit Father Check's blog, which is no longer active but which he left standing as a resource, etc. Father has a MixPod at his site, and I decided to figure out how to add one to mine. I had it at the top of the blog, where it would be easy to see, but due to the layout, a lot of important features (like the volume!) were obscured, so it's now at the bottom. I did not want it on autoplay, so if you're interested in hearing what's on it, you can choose to let it play, or not. Some of my favorite pieces of music are there, though not necessarily my favorite renditions. Eventually, I'll add more. It was something to do on a rainy and miserable Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, I mention this because I have included some things you may have never heard at Mass before. I wanted it to be a nice respite from the sappy syrup that passes for sacred music these days.

4 comments:

  1. Do you go to a church with music like that? It might be worth a flight across country to be there! Oh, how I long for really sacred music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, for the most part, we have very reverent, appropriate and sacred music, at least at the TLM. Now, at the Anglo-catholic church I attended before coming home, we had music very much like what I posted below, often with wind and brass instruments and a choir that was made up largely of professionals. The music at my parish church isn't quite so dramatic, but for as small as our schola is, they turn out some heavenly sounds. I'm very spoiled, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did notice your play list and played through most of them. Very nice Joyce. If I ever set up my own personal blog I will do the same. I may ask you for help though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be glad to lend you a hand Manny, but I am very technically challenged, so things that come easily to others might take me a bit longer to figure out. Let me know when you're ready and I'll try to help, not hinder :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments which reflect true Christian charity are always welcome. Comments which attack the Pope, the Church, priests or other bloggers will go in the dustbin, especially if they are anonymous. Thank you and God Bless you!